Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kanab Trip!!

This past weekend was UEA so Cayla, Dad and I decided to go to Kanab. Alyssa was going to go but with her indecisive mind she ended up staying home. That was fine with me because I got to be in charge instead of her. :) We stayed in Parry's Lodge Motel and just hung around town. We ate at Houstons, our favorite restaurant for breakfast and dinner everyday. It was DELICIOUS!! The only thing Alyssa told us to bring her back was a loaf of bread from the Three Bears Deli, which we did and she hasn't really even eaten it! I have though, it is really good. We also decided to go to the sand dunes which was an adventure! Dad wanted to fill some Ziploc bags with sand to take home to show his dentists who haven't been there. I thought it would be fine and so i grabbed some empty bags and took them with me. First we played in the sand and wrote things in it. Cayla tried to build a sand castle which didn't really work but she is proud of it. Then when we were ready to go we filled two quart and one gallon sized bags. They were heavy and since Cayla couldn't really carry them and Dad already had a tough enough time walking in the sand with his own weight, I carried them. We had to walk up a hill, so I slowly tried to walk up to set the bags down so I could go help pull my dad up. I was so tired after, I thought I was going to pass out. Remind me to never get sand from the sand dunes again! They were hard to carry!! Overall it was a fun trip and we made so many memories!

7 comments:

Alyssa Findlay said...

So here is the deal about the bread from Teddy Bears: I always loved their bread and I love the fact that they have "slice of bread" on their menu! However, I had forgotten that it is WHITE bread. I don't EAT white bread anymore!!!

~Cynthia~ said...

Actually, Alyssa, you don't eat anything anymore. Pizza, wheat bread with peanut butter, and 1 day a week Bajio, is not really a healthy diet.

Jen said...

Alyssa, you sound a little bit like Stephanie when she was a "vegetarian". She would eat corn bread with maple syrup or macaroni and cheese for every meal. Since there were no actual vegetables in her diet I don't think she really qualified as a vegetarian.

Jen said...

Brittni, welcome to the blogs. Your Kanab trip sounds a little bit like our trip to Belize a few years ago. We went tubing down an underground river that had no current and my dad refused to paddle himself. I think that it was JoLyn who ended up towing him along, and she overheard a couple of people wondering if my dad was disabled or retarded.

~Cynthia~ said...

Oh man, Jen, that does sound like something your dad would do. I can totally picture the whole incident. Too funny!

Eve said...

I don't want to sound rude or snotty, Jen. But sometimes I wondered if the man was disabled AND retarded! LOL

Brittni, your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I have only driven through Kanab, but everytime I have I have wished I could stay for a while. It looks like a really cool place, and next time I will at least have to stop and eat at Houston's.

Brittni Richelle said...

Yeah you will have to stop at eat there. They have amazing food! One of the main reasons I go to Kanab is because of Houstons.